Word quotas and other productivity goals are an important part of every writer’s regiment, but sometimes inspiration can be like pulling teeth.
Here’s a small collection of go-to writing prompts when the Muse is being a flighty mistress.
- write about room character is in
- write about grounds / area of room’s building
- write about what’s in your character’s pockets
- write about your character at an event
- make a list of what wouldn’t happen next (Emma Coats Pixar)
- describe room character happy, angry, afraid (no emotion words) (Writing Excuses)
- color of ambition
- start at end (Momento style)
- take building blocks of a story you dislike, what would you change? (Pixar)
Have any fresh and fun prompt suggestions? Leave them in a comment for your fellow writers.